Tuesday 8 September 2009

Progress . . .

DSC04036

I LOVE yo-yo’s and I really love them in this new design that I’ve been working on.

DSC04038

One of my little chores over the weekend was to finish the hand-quilting on this quilt and I even progressed to starting sewing the binding down.  Makes me a happy camper . . . those yo-yo’s will get sewn down sooner than I thought!

DSC04028

The little bug waited for me and we had a great time together finishing off this block.  Looks a little blank so far, but once the buttons get stitched on at the end I think it will all pull together.  Maybe even sew on some bead sprinkles just to see how delicious that would look.

DSC04029

My little sheep turned Canadian and went with the July 1st theme with the maple leaf centre.  Once again it looks a little blank, but I’m thinking about a bit more embroidery maybe and of course some buttons.  I’m glad I waited for the wool to come for the little sheep – he looks soooooo warm!

DSC04044

I finished sewing on the binding for my second completed Loonie Blooms quilt.  This one is for my own wall and for a sample for a class I will be teaching.

I have also posted the link to the tutorial and also the link for downloading the templates in my sidebar.  So make sure and get your copy and give this a try . . . lots of fun without a huge time-commitment or fabric requirement.  Please send me photos if you make one – I’d love to see different color combos.  If anyone is having trouble with the downloading of the templates, please let me know.

 DSC04030

I was also able to do some computer work over the weekend and am getting very close to sending the instructions off to my pattern tester for this little cutie.

 DSC04046

One more proofread and a little cover design will get this one moving out the door.

DSC04048

I did manage to get my shapes traced out for the September Bunny Hill BOM.

But that happened this morning at 6:30 so that is as far as I’ve gotten . . . maybe tonight I’ll get a little further.

DSC04024 

This is what one of the views of the harvest season looked like on Friday on my way home.  Canola has been swathed and some combines were out working on other crops.  The weekend weather was beautiful so I’m sure there was progress made by most farmers.

 DSC04023

This was another scene on the landscape on Friday afternoon . . . new pipelines are going through our area and they have been enjoying the nicer weather also.  This particular crew had the Canadian flag waving as they worked away . . . first time I’ve seen that in the two years they’ve been in and around the area.  It kinda caught my eye . . . something different than all the big machinery and piles of dirt that I was getting used to seeing.

What’s happening in your part of the world?  What did you do this weekend?

 

‘til next time,

M.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I prepped two Bunny Hill blocks yesterday. My first. I like your caterpiller on the basket handle! I made a quilt once with a scrunchy tube of fabric that was supposed to be a caterpiller. It was cute but some people thought it looked too real!

What Comes Next? said...

you've been busy! Your Bunny Hill blocks look great. I also am going to put a maple leaf on the July block, just not as far along as you on it! Can't wait to see your yoyo quilt, and your second Loonie Blooms looks good. Reminds me that I need to get one done before October for a giftie, so better get it into the works quick!