Thursday 25 March 2010

Quilt Group Night

Finally on Monday night I was able to make it to one of the Peace by Piece quilt nights in Brandon.  Seems like forever ago that I had been in for one of these meetings – it was great to catch up on what’s been going on and to chat with some gals I haven’t seen in a couple of months.

 DSC05047

This is a wall hanging from one of the workshops that they had (which I also missed!).  Love the tropical feel of this one – the colors and the palm tree are very creative.

DSC05055 

You may remember I mentioned quite some time ago that this group has decided to have a group block of the month program.  Each member is to take a turn at designing their own block, make two blocks and then circulate her pattern to the rest of the group so that they can make a block for their quilt.  The extra block gets put into a pile that will eventually get made into a donation quilt.  So far there are the birdhouses . . .

DSC05051

and attic windows block that each person can decide what they want to put in their own windows (love the dragonflies!) . . .

 DSC05052

the country angel and all her flowers . . .

 DSC05053

the bright sunflower and the bee buttons . . .

 DSC05054

and the tubby little lady with all her “puff” flowers.

There was also a watering can and an angel block that I think I had posted about earlier (those are the only two I have done so far!).  All my blocks of the month projects have taken a back seat to everything else going on, but I hope to spend a weekend really soon just working on them and my PhDs.

I learned some very interesting news that was just released today . . . Anne over at Bunny Hill Designs has just announced that her newest line of fabric will be available for Spring Market and that she is now designing for MODA!  Way to go Anne!  I’ll have my VISA at the ready to pick up a pack of the new fabrics.

I haven’t been too busy sewing this past week but I did get a pattern design emailed out this morning (FINALLY!) and I got the binding sewn on the quilt that just got back from the machine quilter.  What a gorgeous quilting job – can’t wait to show it off!

Oh . . . I also finished off my income tax stuff and got it shipped off to the wonderful lady who will try and make sense of it - that feels good too!

4 comments:

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your quilt group has some lovely show'n tell. Thanks for sharing.

Edna said...

All of those blocks will make a really interesting 'sampler' quilt. Good for you getting the taxes off early... I still need to do that too.

Karen said...

I certainly enjoyed seeing all the blocks!

Myra said...

What wonderful creations! Kudo's to your group M!!! Lovely work!!! That one with the palm tree is stunning!!!
Thanks for sharing! 8-)
Happy stitchings!