Friday 4 November 2011

Big, Big Birthday!

Gotta hate those birthdays . . . they just keep coming and coming.

Most people say that’s a good thing as the alternative isn’t all that great!

DSC07984

I was surrounded, two days before my birthday, with 50 quilting friends who surprised me with this fabulous quilt cake.  And yes it does taste as good as it looks!

DSC07996

I also had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket and “just happened” to be in close proximity to a wonderful vendor opportunity.

DSC07997

Mama Bear’s Quilt Shop (no website) from Ashern, Manitoba set up shop for the workshop October 29th and Pauline brought some fabulous lines of fabric for us all to shuffle through.

DSC07998

In cases like this if you don’t buy it when you see it – it’s gone!  Although Pauline assured us all that more was back home in the store.  ‘ehm, maybe some of that Little Gatherings line would still look good in my collection . . . might have to give her a call.

DSC08017

I did get a couple of those prints, plus a few more.  Love the Christmas lines that are coming out right now – Merry and Bright by Buggy Barn and The Great I Am by Leanne Anderson – both lines are by Henry Glass.  They certainly do not go together but the designs and rich colors are amazing.

I hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween (I know I did!) and that November is treating everyone kindly so far.

Quilting this weekend?  Sure hope so!

4 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Happy Belated Birthday, it sounds as if you had a fabulous one.

greelyrita said...

Hey! It was my birthday on the 5th. I hear you about how they sure are coming more often. I told everyone weeks ago that it had been cancelled due to frequency issues but no one listened. Hope you, as I did, had a lovely birthday!!

Myra said...

A belated happy birthday Marlene!!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

That cake looks gorgeous!