Wednesday 23 July 2008

I'm Back . . .

We had a wonderful time (sorta!) in Marean Lake. Rained most of the day on Saturday but that didn't stop us from golfing on Saturday night. Night golf is hilarious! The full moon didn't help with the anonymous golfer idea - everyone knew it was me when the ball went sharply to the left every time. Oh . . . there was once . . .

Even though Wawanesa is in a little Valley (crater as my Son refers to it), driving into the Quappelle Valley in Saskatchewan is still very interesting. You are greeted with all these rolling, layers of the earth . . . and it stretches out for miles and miles.

The land is usually very fertile also and the flats are farmed - makes for a wonderful backdrop for those round bales. I can't say that I'd like to drive up and down such a steep hill every day - I think that the drive in and out of Wawanesa is steep enough on icy, winter days!

When I got home I had another lily in bloom - the yellow one! If you click on the photo you can view it really close up - there are tiny droplets of water all over the petals . . . really nice.

Here is one of the pictures from the Lake. Can't you tell that these dogs are quite used to this mode of transportation? They ride up to the clubhouse with their owner and they stay on the ATV until he comes back from having his coffee. Patience is a virtue!

Look at my little scrap/garbage pile! Aren't those colors just the most delicious and mouthwatering feast for the eyes? Wait 'til you see the quilt!

I've been on holidays since last Friday . . . we got home late Monday night and I've been sewing every chance I get between washing clothes, mowing grass, etc. I'm having a great time and I'm looking forward to a long day of applique and border making . . .

'til next time,

M.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Love the Valley photos...I would love to live in a valley. I am sick of all this "flat" land around me... I love driving through the valley on the way to Riding Mountain...Going to Kickass on Friday, so the land won't be as flat! It will be a nice drive...8-)
Sounds like you had yourself a good time away! Good for you!
Love the yummy fabrics! Looking forward to seeing the quilt top!
Happy stitchings!