Saturday 9 May 2009

VacationTime!

Yes, here I am in Medicine Hat, Alberta with no pictures to show you yet.
Of course I'm travelling with my laptop which doesn't have the right "stuff" to upload pictures. So there will be a Future Shop trip scheduled sometime soon. No really great pictures so far . . . lots of weather variations travelling from Manitoba to Alberta . . . everything from sun, to rain, to slush, to snow . . . kinda covered the whole gamut of weather.
We stopped in Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan to drop off a heap of quilts to the Quilter's Haven Shop . . . they're heading to Quilt Saskatchewan near the end of May and have requested some of my quilt samples to take along for their booth. So if you're at QS make sure and stop by and say hello to Heather and Alyce.
We spent the night here in Medicine Hat in an upgraded jacuzzi suite room at the Best Western - love this chain of hotels . . . have never stayed at a bad one yet. Knock on wood! Today we're heading out to visit my brother for a couple of days who lives just outside of Red Deer and then on Monday we're heading to Banff for a couple of days. Randy has never seen the mountains before so it will be very interesting and I'll make sure to get some photos to share with everyone.
I've checked the phone book already and have found two quilt shops listed, so I'll have to see whether or not they are any where close to our trip through town. I'll take photos if I stop in at any.
Also on my tours through blogland today I noticed a wonderful sale over at the Fabric Depot. Precuts are 40% off! Go have a look.

I also popped by Cinderberry Stitches and I'm really looking forward to seeing her new Tail Feathers pattern that will be released very soon. Her fabric selection is wonderful and so are the little peeks she's been showing of the new embroidery.
So I better keep moving here and go have my breakfast and see if there are any quilt shops near by. Have a great weekend!
'til next time,
M.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Sounds like you are enjoying your trip M! That's great! I look forward to seeing your photos...
We had rain all day Wednesday, which turned into snow and icy rain... slick! Looks like another rainy day today, and it has been quite cold too...
Safe travels and enjoy your trip! 8-)