Friday 15 January 2010

Well . . . imagine that!

It’s been eleven twelve days since I’ve been here to post anything.  Sometimes this outside blogland world takes over and time just gets away from us.

DSC04802

The Saturday quilt group that I belong to got together last week and we’ve finally decided on a name . . . “Undercover Quilters”.  We know that this is not a unique name – but so very fitting for most of us members!  I had my camera with me but was so busy working on sewing my Bunny Hill 2009 BOM blocks together that I didn’t even get around to taking a picture of it until I got home!  Anne had the most beautiful flannel woodlands kinda quilt with moose and bears on it . . . and some of the other projects that were in progress were coming along quite nicely.  I hope everyone brings their finished projects for the February get together so that I can redeem myself.

Oh!  You’ll also notice over there on the right, that I’ve added the 2010 Bunny Hill Snowbound BOM to my sidebar.  How could I not participate in a snowman BOM?!?!!?!  I’m in and will start as soon as the fabric I want to use is released in March – I’m thinking maybe the Martinique line by 3 Sisters might be just what I’m looking for.  So I’ll be stock piling my patterns until at least March/April before I can even get started . . . that’s going to be tough to sit back and be patient . . . patience is a virtue that I missed out on!  If you haven’t joined yet just click on the picture and it will take right there to get a copy of your first pattern – it’s really adorable.

DSC04794

These are some of the stacked pieces that I’ve been working on the past eleven twelve days – I guess that’s why I haven’t been blogging much . . . too busy with these pieces.  Love this Fig and Plum line from Fig Tree – hubby hates it!

DSC04816 

I was so busy with all those units that I actually finished the quilt!  It measures about 76” x 76” (or thereabouts) but I can’t show it to you just yet . . . I’m not sure where it’s going to end up and I can’t give away too much just in case.

But I can tell you that I now have an official PhD (Projects Half Done) – or actually I’ve registered for one over at Myra's for the six month challenge.  I’ll be back really soon (I promise) to list the things that I will try and have done by June, 2010 . . . that will make me sooooooo accountable to everyone – YIKES!

I’m off on a fabric shopping road trip tomorrow, so wish my VISA good luck!

‘til next time,

M.

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Oh I love your Bunny Hill top! Very cute! Have fun shopping! :-)

Jennifer said...

Your Bunny Hill top is lovely! Shopping is always good....

Karen said...

I like the name chosen for your group.
I want to make the new snowman blocks, too. I don't know about fabric choices just yet, though.

What Comes Next? said...

Your A Tisket a Tasket looks fabulous! and your stacks have made a gorgeous quilt - love that Figs and Plums line, too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Myra said...

Hey M! Thanks for joining my PhD Challenge, and mentioning it on your blog! I look forward to seeing your list! 8-)

Your Bunny Hill 2009 BOM baskets look great! I can't tell, have you quilted it already?

Great name for your Saturday group!

I am intrigues with your peeks of the Fig Tree project... hmmmm...?

So, how much damage did your VISA withstand?