Wednesday 14 April 2010

Quilt Show Shopping Spree . . .

I love fabric shopping and what better time to participate in this wonderful past-time than at a quilt show where there is such a diverse group of shops put together for our viewing and shopping pleasure.

DSC05212

First off is Shirley’s Sewing Room from Moosomin – Shirley has supported my little business right from the very beginning.  I believe she was actually one of the first orders that I put together when I first started out.  As you can see with that little elevator in the photo, Shirley is still supporting me!  Thanks Shirley.

DSC05215

The gals at the Quilter’s Haven in Moose Jaw have also supported my business endeavors and have taken a trunk show of my quilts on the road with them in the past.  They have done the little elevator in reds and golds – thanks girls!

DSC05254

I was very surprised to see Hamel’s Fabrics in Manitoba as they are from Chilliwack, BC – what a drive they had!  All the vendors were very busy while we there, but this one was really, really busy with their $1.99 fat quarters for sale – and what a selection they had!  I must say that the 12 fat quarters I brought home were much appreciated in my sewing stash.  I remember when I first started designing patterns that I would go to the Hamel’s website and scour the sale pages looking for affordable fabrics to test my designs with – I certainly have placed quite a few orders with Hamel’s.  Don’t you love that pumpkin quilt on their display wall?  It’s a block of the month you know!

DSC05259     

The Quilt Patch from Moose Jaw is always original and I love checking out their new designs and their use of color.  Last year I participated in their Summer Baskets BOM – I really need to get that quilted up and get displayed somewhere in the house – it turned out wonderful.

 DSC05270

Here are my fat quarters that I purchased – I’m thinking some Christmas gifts are in order for these and I already have these set out with the book – sure hope I can get a few projects marked off my list this weekend so that I can start some new projects.  That list just keeps growing!

DSC05264

I also bought an “Eva” charm pack by Basic Grey and some 6” squares of purple and creams from The Quilt Patch – they will work into some appliqué projects quite nicely I think.

I also purchased a wedge ruler from Shirley’s Sewing Room to go with a book I had previously purchased and a Quilter’s Connection magazine at another booth.

Simply Sewing from Killarney and Kickass Country Store were also booths that I stopped at and either bought a thing or two or had a visit - (it’s only been a week or so since I stopped into Killarney and spent a few dollars).  What a lot of product these vendors brought with them to this show – it was a shopper’s heaven.  Of course there were more booths than I mentioned, but these were the one’s that were familiar to me – there were thread suppliers, a quilting system booth, and other fabric vendors that were too many to remember.

This was the first time that I have had the opportunity to attend this show and I would most definitely recommend heading out again the next time around – every year or every two years? – I’ll have to find that out.

Have a great week!

7 comments:

paulette said...

LOVED the quilt show!! Thanks for taking us along!! Also loved your buys!! You done good!
Paulette

Myra said...

Great post of vendors at the show there M! 8-)
Nice purchases...
Glad you found the show worth your drive! lol!
Happy stitchings!

Myra said...

PS! It was great bumping into you and the ladies at the show! 8-)

Karen said...

I always enjoy seeing the booths at a show. So much inspiration to see. I have that pumpkin BOM quilt top done but not quilted. Lots of work to do it.

ytsmom said...

Love the Cider Mill Road! I went way overboard and have 1 yard cuts (or more) of most of the line! Wanting to make a lot of thing from the book.

Joanne said...

It was so wonderful to see all those vendors at the quilt show. I was talking to the person that organized the vendors and she said they had more vendors that wanted to come, but couldn't fit every one in. Next time should be bigger!! ♥

Jennifer said...

What a great show - wish I could have gone, but it is such a long way from Australia! I like the Canadian perspective when it comes to quilt designs.