Monday 17 March 2008

Saturday's Workshop . . .

Look at these interesting shapes! Little trees that seemed to take forever to cut out and all these other tiny, tiny pieces . . . and I didn't lose any! How remarkable is that. The colorful tablecloth doesn't help much in showing you all the things that were going on here, but trust me - it was lots of fun.

This demonstration was for the McKenna Ryan art quilt technique and there were eight of us trying it, one teacher and one quilter working on a UFO. Bev thought the eight of us moaning and sighing over these small pieces was quite humorous.

Humorous! Maybe we were, but this is my finished quilt top by the end of the day. I thought it was a very satisfying day - nothing more to do to it but complete the outline quilting and some stitching in the clouds. I like these kinds of workshops where you can bring home a completed top - I'm not a big homework type of person. If the project doesn't get really close to completion, it will more than likely end up as another UFO under my cutting table.

Those cheerful little chickadees are full of good humour and I can't wait to get this one finished. I already have it basted and ready to quilt . . . now I'll need to check my schedule for the rest of the week to see where it is going to fit in . . .

'til next time,

M.

No comments: