Wednesday 10 September 2008

Honest! . . . I've been busy . . .

I just don't have a lot to show just yet.

I have quite a number of projects on the go. The parts shown above may look familiar to my regular visitors . . . this is round two with the leftovers . . . I usually try to test my patterns at least twice before I send it out for the final testing. Am I sick and tired of these prints yet - no way! The first quilt I made is actually a gift and this one above will be mine to use for trade shows and trunk shows . . . when it is done it will join the stack of quilts on the spare bed.

I have sent four patterns away to my tester for "testing" . . . that always makes me nervous. So far, so good . . . any questions have been easily dealt with and I haven't had to throw out any patterns yet.

The writing process of patterns is difficult . . . trying to explain everything in such a manner that any level of quilter will be able to understand. It seems you word and re-word everything about a dozen times before you feel it can be sent on to be tested . . . by the time it leaves my doorstep I'm not really sure what is in the pattern anymore - I've looked at it too many times.

And then the process of making friends with new equipment is always interesting. How come the printer that came free with my laptop was superior to the one that I just paid a couple hundred dollars for? I have now learned how the scanning feature works - it needs to be hooked up right! Full steam ahead now . . .

In yesterday's mail my September fat 1/4 package arrived . . . Wildflower Serenade by Kansas Troubles for Moda - rich, rich colors!

This is one of my favorite prints out of the 12 that came . . . I love those small dainty, country prints. This little stack will now be added to all the other stacks that have been collecting in the sewing room . . .


I know we're not supposed to wish our lives away . . . but gee whiz . . . how about a little more time quilting . . . would that be too much to wish for!
Wishing you happy quilting days . . .
'til next time,
M.

2 comments:

Myra said...

Hey there, Hi there!!!
I still can't wait to see the finished quilt!!! I am so intrigued!
Beautiful fabrics you received!!! Wow! Love those tones...
I've had my printer, copier, scanner for about 3 years now, and I still don't know how to use the scanner!!! Ah well, obviously I have no need for it! 8-)
Happy stitchings busy lady! 8-)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Can't wait to see some finished projects. Isn't it great to get fabric in the mail?