Monday 9 February 2009

Pink and Red Fabric!

This is the February shipment from the Fat Quarter Shop and it is very nice in all it's pink and red glory.

Trouble is . . . they're not really my colors at all, so I'm going to have to find a niece that needs a quilt or another project that makes use of these prints.

I did come across the little "pennie pockets" pattern that you see next to the fabric stack and it would work perfectly . . . but would I really use them? Not too sure about that either! But it is a very cute pattern just the same and unfortunately I have forgotten where I found it! I REMEMBER NOW! It was the Moda Bake Shop site! Go check it out also.
But, I did remember that there was almost an identical pattern over at The Happy Zombie's blog back in November. It was made in Christmas fabrics instead of Valentine fabrics and was very tempting also and used layer cakes instead of fat quarters, but either would work, right?

I finally finished my thread catcher/pincushion thing-a-ma-bobbie! This pattern, the fabric (free) and the ceramic tile have been sitting in a stack of "to do" stuff and yesterday was the day to get it done. It always feels nice to concentrate on one thing and get it out of the way. Bonus is that now I get to use it, plus if you have an extra fat quarter laying around, this project used just that - one fat quarter. There was a wonderful tutorial over at Myra's a couple of months back (check her side bar) if you were wanting to make yourself or all of your friends one of these. You could get started on some early, early Christmas presents.

And if you're looking for other ideas for fat quarters . . . Fat Quarter Month is being celebrated over at Sew Mama Sew and every day there is a new posting for an idea or a pattern. I know that we all have a lonesome fat quarter laying around that needs used up, so pop over and have a look. The baby booties are the cutest - no babies in my future yet, so I won't be making them up just yet, but they are very cute.

'til next time,

M.

1 comment:

Myra said...

Great red/pink fabrics! Just make yourself a February quilt/wall-quilt/table topper/placemats with it! 8-)
Great thread-catcher, and thanks for the plug for my tute! 8-)
Stay off those icy roads today...if you can, and stay standing!
Happy stitchings!