Wednesday 19 September 2007

I'm back . . .

Sorry for disappearing for a bit there . . . between not feeling really great, work committments (I need a new job!) and leaving town for three days . . . life kinda took control there for a week or so.

I was able to make it to the big city (Winnipeg) for a few days and spent time with my daughter - planting all those perennials, shopping, coffee and visiting printing places. Wow is that amazing the stuff those places can produce on short notice and with just a quick little file download. Quite impressed! I have confirmation from them that they can do anything by email and I will not need to make the trip again - very worthwhile adventure for me. I was even able to get some designs printed on fabric - not cotton but still gives me a really good feel for what's going on.

Dentist appointment yesterday, council meeting today, district meeting tomorrow and I believe I'm supposed to actually be in my office on Friday. Photography class tomorrow night - remember I missed last week - so now I'm out of the loop. My homework from last week will have to do for tomorrow night I guess.

I was also able to get my laptop fixed up - it's now received a memory boost of 2/3rds more than it's original memory! How cool is that? This is the machine that I have come to HATE over the last six months and now (I hope) it will be working better than new. Thanks to my extended warranty purchase, it has a new motherboard and a new harddrive and now I have more RAM so I should be good to go - and I do mean go - it is the system that follows me around everywhere. Don't get me wrong, I really do love my new desktop computer with it's wonderfully wide screen and lots, and lots of speed, but sometimes you need that portability. Now I have both! Lucky me (knock on wood!).

Well, I've tried to post three pictures tonight and none of them are wanting to cooperate - I'll try again tomorrow - if all goes well - and then at least you'll have something to look at while you read my ramblings.

I want to thank all those who have sent me emails - it is wonderful to hear from all the different places - the world really isn't that big, is it?

Until next time,

M.

No comments: