Monday 10 November 2008

Santa x 6

equals: a bunch of Santas!

The Brandon Quilt Group have taken on the project of making placemats for the Meals on Wheels program and will be donating them in time for Christmas giving.

I made three with the snowman fabric on the right,

. . . and three with the dark green print on the right.

The snowman print ones were machine quilted with cream thread and the dark green ones were quilted with the variegated thread. The placemats are all trimmed up now and have the binding sewn on . . . they're just waiting for me to hand stitch it all to the back side.

All six aren't for the Brandon Quilt Group donation . . . I have plans for some of the other ones, plus I have more on the sewing table just waiting for some more details. Couldn't stop at two . . . nope. Not me!

See you tomorrow,

M.

3 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Love your Santas! They are too cute!

Myra said...

Lovely Santa Place-Mats Marlene!!!
I am sure they will be well appreciated! 8-)

Myra's Mystery is posted...

Fer said...

What a great idea! Pretty darn cute too!!