Friday 17 April 2009

Moving right along here . . .

Little bits and pieces of my projects are coming together.

I did manage to get that heap of binding machine stitched down on my "Life" quilt . . .

but, the hand sewing part may take just a bit more time. Those little black feet (with claws!) just don't seem to want to give this one up.

Thanks to CSI and Harper's Island last night (and Mysty finally going for a cat nap!), I was able to get one and half sides hand stitched down. Not sure what's on TV tonight but it would sure be nice to get another one or two sides done.

My Blue Meadow Designs mystery quilt has been completely ironed; backing pressed and the 505 spray purchased, so maybe on Sunday or Monday I can get it all basted and ready to machine quilt.

Tomorrow I'm heading out on a road trip to Neepawa to attend a landscape workshop with Heather Lair and I'm quite looking forward to it. Although I have to ask myself why I'm taking on another new project! Let's hope this project can all be done in one day and there will be nothing left undone at the end of the workshop. I'll take my camera and get some photos of all the goings on . . . Heather is having a trunk show tonight, but I can't make the trek over to see it . . . I hope she has some of her projects still there tomorrow at the workshop and will let me get a few pics for you.

I have my flowers all fused down for my Summer Baskets BOM and . . .

have even done some of the stitching, so this block will for sure be done by the end of Sunday. Has anyone else noticed just how short weekends really are?

'til next time,

M.

2 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I can't believe how attached your cat was to your quilt! LOL

Love your wool BOM, it looks great!

Have fun with Heather Lair tomorrow, she always has stuff to show...

BTW, I drooled all over my Aviary FQs when they came in the mail too...

Myra said...

Silly cat... at first I couldn't tell what that first photo was of! lol!
Have fun at the workshop tomorrow! I look forward to seeing the outcome...
Happy stitchings! 8-)