Thursday 30 April 2009

I Finished!

Yes, I'm right down to the wire here . . . was beginning to think I wasn't going to get these two projects done. My Summer Baskets Block 5 can now join the rest of the blocks that are waiting for borders to come in the next shipment. They look detailed, so I can't wait to see what's in the package.

This morning at 6:00 I finished off the three flowers and all of the leaves - it was supposed to be done last night, but stuff happened.

Mysty (my tortoiseshell) decided to have an urinary infection - it seemed to start up in just a matter of a couple minutes during the supper hour and then it was a few very unsettled hours trying to figure out how best to deal with the situation. Of course there are no vets in our town and trying to decide whether this is an "emergency" or not before calling the after hours line. We decided it could be labelled as an emergency since Mysty has already been diagnosed with kidney disease, so we did call . . . the vet figured that she should be ok until morning - which was nice to hear. Fortunately we have a very large cage that we were able to put her and her litter box into so that we didn't have to worry all night about where she was going. Took her to work with me briefly this morning and then headed for the vet . . . got some tests done, pocketed some pills, new food for the old gal and dropped a hefty cheque on the counter to pay for it all! I feel so much better and I hope by tonight when I go home that she is feeling just a tad bit better than last night.

So remember that the best laid plans sometimes don't materialize! But in this circumstance I did finish what I had set out to accomplish - my four "Spring to Finish" projects. I'm so glad I decided to participate in this along with Jacquie at Tallgrass Prairie Studio. Thanks Jacquie for instigating this little work-a-thon. Did any of you participate also?

Here is my totally completed "Life" quilt. It's been done for a couple of days, but I just haven't had a chance to get the photo done. I was hoping for some nicer weather to maybe go outside with it, but we actually had some sloppy snow flakes this morning. No nice weather here yet.

And this is the back of my "Life" quilt - I made too many blocks and figured where better to use them than on the back. This quilt looks nice from either side, but we're still not sure whether or not to give it as a wedding gift. You'll have to read back to here when I started this quilt to find out what the meaning is behind it.
I'm in the process of finishing the binding on my Blue Meadow Designs mystery quilt - I have 1 1/2 sides done now, so might be finished by Monday - for sure I won't make it by the midnight tonight deadline.
Have a great weekend everyone!
'til next time,
M.

5 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Just love your BOM Marlene! Life quilt turned out great too :^) Keep plugging away at all those great projects ...

Patchmaker said...

I hope Mysty is feeling better! UTI's are just no fun!

Your Life quilt is gorgeous. Love the colors!

Barb said...

love your life quilt but those sunflowers are awesome....where did you get the pattern? Maybe I should check on down your blog...will do that.

TexasRed said...

These are so beautiful!

Myra said...

Yahoo you got your BOM done in time!

The quilt looks great, and I hope your Mysty is doing much better now...

I look forward to seeing the mystery project in full! 8-)

Just want to say thanks for your continued visits and comments Marlene! Makes my day! 8-)

Happy stitchings!