Wednesday 28 October 2009

Are you ready?

image

Halloween is fast approaching!

DSC00467

image

All the ghosts and goblins are at the ready . . . all the treats have been purchased and bagged.

DSC04455 image

This quilt needs to be quilted – can’t really see that happening before Saturday. Sure would be nice to finish off . . . it’s only been in this state for three years now. I dragged it out to try and guilt myself into getting started on it, but so far things have been too busy or I’m just not guiltable any more.

DSC04450

image

I read an article the other day that the new color trend at Quilt Market this year was purple. I find myself right in the middle of working on a new quilt that just happens to have a tonne of purple in it – you can only see a little corner of it there in the photo, but really there is heaps of purple in this quilt!

DSC04452

image

The binding and backing fabric arrived for the quilt I’m making for a Christmas gift – so now it is ready for machine quilting as well. So that is a Halloween quilt and a Christmas quilt that need done – good luck to me!

DSC04448

image

Oh, this book arrived from Amazon the other day and I’m finding it just a little too interesting. My husband can’t understand the appeal of little quilt blocks and how that could be anywhere near as absorbing as I can make it. I highly recommend this book for anyone who loves the intricacies of block construction – this most definitely gets a 10 out of 10 rating from me. Ah! No wonder I’m not getting anything done . . .

‘til next time,

M.

2 comments:

Vals Quilting said...

Hi Marlene, cute blog posting...I'm interested to see the rest of this quilt that has all of the purple in it - I love purple and line green - what a fresh and great combination...

I too have a seasonal quilt - my Easter one that same as you has been unfinished and cute for about 3+ years now...hmm better get these done hey.
Valerie
http://www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

Annette said...

From what I could see the quilts look great! Even if you don't finish the Halloween quilt, just working on it would make one feel a part of the festivities. That's interesting that the up and coming color is purple. I've never used it much but will have to consider it. Sounds fun actually.