Thursday 22 October 2009

Quilting Saturdays . . .

are so much fun!

DSC04410

But before Saturday comes the Friday mail . . . I received the Mill House Inn fat 1/4’s back in September from The Fat Quarter Shop and then found a sale on the jelly roll not too long after that – couldn’t pass it by! These colors are fantastic and will look wonderful on a white background.

DSC04406

And this little stack of fat 1/4’s showed up for the October shipment from The Fat Quarter Shop and it is called Astor Manor. What is it lately about all these wonderful colors and prints . . . it seems that I like everything right now!?!??! Many, many design dreams floating in my head . . .

DSC04405

I’m really enjoying the William Morris style of appliqué . . . I will most definitely have to work some of this into a few projects. There are a couple of quilts in this book that need to be added to that ever growing list of “wanna-do’s”.

DSC04370

Now moving onto Saturday . . . I’ll show you some food first - I love the display on this tray! How eye-catching is that? Of course I couldn’t try it – shellfish issues :(

Still looks good though!

DSC04374

Gail was working on this wonderful Christmas project . . . love the colors and the cats.

DSC04375

The borders were being made up as she went and there was much discussion as to which little panel went best with which border. I know it’s going to make a super gift for some lucky gal for Christmas and she’ll be happy with any decision that is made with the border. Love this fabric line!

DSC04376

Vivian was working on a table topper kit that was coming along quite nicely. I believe there was to be at least two more borders to go on even after this photo was taken – it was going to be a fair size topper! Love the colors!

DSC04401

I was working in purple mode on Saturday . . . making lots of half-square triangles and moving them around. This project is currently laid out on my sewing room floor with huge decisions being made as to what the next step will be.

There won’t be any sewing being done this weekend as we’re off to Weyburn, SK to do some family visiting – but I will be taking my doodlin’ pad along and trying to make the decision as to how my little purple design will end up.

‘til next time,

M.

5 comments:

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I love Mill House Inn and Aster Manor
too, FQS sure knows how to pick which
fabrics to send us that will start us drooling and fall in love at the same time...Have fun in SK this weekend!

paulette said...

Love your new fabric and looks like your Saturday was a blast! Lucky you!
Paulette

Myra said...

Awesome fabrics there M, and that book looks very interesting! 8-)
Love all the in progress photos from your Saturday quilt-in. Some lovely creations... 8-)
Have a great weekend in Sk!!!

Hookah Shisha Huka Accessories Charcoal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pieced Pastimes said...

The fabrics are lovely! I agree about the William Morris book. It does have some gorgeous things in it.