Tuesday 20 October 2009

I LOVE it!

This quilt turned out so much better than I was expecting!

DSC04388 

Plus . . . it’s done!  Borders on and ready to quilt . . .

 DSC04384

that will be another journey in itself, I’m thinking.  What color of thread?  Stitch-in-the-ditch? Diagonal?

I’m not going to worry about that right now . . . I’m just going to tack it up and look at it – a lot!  This photo could have been brighter, but the sun decided to pop under a cloud right about the same time I clicked.

I’m lucky that I wasn’t outside on Friday trying to take a picture of the quilt – this is what the day looked like then . . .

DSC04366

and then a little later also.

DSC04360

At least the snow is gone for now and the temperature is supposed to be a little warmer for the whole week – still nothing to brag about though.  It’s great if you like doom, gloom, snow, ice and cold . . . sounds appealing doesn’t it?

Here’s another giveaway that you best head over quick to see.  The Quilting Cat or actually Linda, the other half of The Quilting Cat, is celebrating her birthday with giveways to us . . . how remarkable is that?!?!?  Be sure and wish her a happy birthday when you get there.

 

Next post will be from my Saturday sewing day with friends . . .

‘til next time,

M.

6 comments:

Myra said...

Hey Marlene! Your Bargello is awesome! Turned out beautifully!!! You were a busy bee with that one! 8-)
A quilting day with the gals on Saturday again! Good for you!
We have our Fall retreat weekend starting the 30th. I hope it doesn't set me back health-wise... I've been soooo looking forward to it! If I get through it unscathed and healthy, I am considering your Nov 14th if it is still a go...
Happy stitchings!

Jocelyn said...

Wow! Awesome quilt!

Chris said...

Stunning!

What Comes Next? said...

what a beautiful bargello! Good work!

Vicki W said...

It looks awesome! I need to do one of those with my hand dyed fabrics.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

All I can say is WOW Marlene! Great job on getting the top completed :^)