Wednesday 18 June 2008

Just playing around . . .

with the blog layout. Anyone notice that the header and the background keep changing? I'm hard to please - so it takes quite a few tries to even slightly get close to what I'm looking for in a blog layout. Plus . . . I've learned how to do it . . . the changes that is . . . so now it can change everyday if I happen to get around to messing around with it. Keep me posted if you see something you like and think I should quit playing around . . . I know there's lots of people lurking out there . . . give me your opinion and ideas. Obviously I need some help! Most people would try all these changes in the privacy of their own computer . . . but . . . what the heck . . . we're all out there together, right? Let me know what you think.

My quilt group had it's windup potluck supper last week, which of course included wonderful foods and a small show and tell.

I took a few pictures but this is the one that really stood out. Lise made this stack and whack from one zinger of a fabric and it amazes me that it is only ONE fabric! Look at the different colors in each of the blocks . . . what an assortment of "colour in your face" blocks. Probably not a fabric that I would have chosen off the shelves, but after seeing this you have to wonder why not?

My wonderful quilting buddy Syd, is moving away. When I first joined the quilt group a few years ago, Syd was one of those people that always seemed to know what to say and was always able to pick up on situations that some might have felt were acceptable, but really weren't. Syd is the reason I am still with the group and I'm really going to miss having her around. Her outstanding friendship is what everyone can learn from and pass along - kinda like a pay it forward thing. Her example was something I will always remember and attempt to extend in similar situations.

Each member of the group presented Syd with 6 1/2" signed blocks so that she can make her own memory quilt - what a wonderful assortment of memory blocks.
Next year is going to be a bit different . . .
'til next time,
M.

3 comments:

Fer said...

Yep, I like the new layout! The brown was looking a bit old and you know that variety is the spice of life!

Congratulations for cracking open that jelly roll, I'm looking forward to seeing updates.

:o)

Donna said...

that stack and whack is great! Isn't it amazing what some fabrics will do with that :-)

Myra said...

I would like to change my background but haven't a clue as to how. Do you loose any of your posts and stuff on the blog when you make changes like that?
Love the stack and whack! Wonderful colors. At the Carberry Retreat they had a tutorial on Stack and Whack. Some of the blocks were outstanding! And I know what you mean by a person not necessarily choosing some of the fabrics for that effect!
Having a close someone leave a group due to a move is very hard. I can relate and feel for you...