Saturday 10 January 2009

Decision Made!

I have chosen the fabrics for the Bunny Hill BOM! . . .

they just kinda showed up in yesterday's mailbox.

Yup, this is the January, 2009 package from The Fat Quarter Shop and it is going to work out just fine (I think!). It is called Nature's Chorus by April Cornell.

The fat quarters are always sent flat . . . not like your regular fat quarters that you buy at the store, so I always iron them and then fold them into the little fat quarters stacks that we're used to seeing. So while I was doing this enjoyable little task, I started noticing that maybe this particular section of a print would work for this and this other print would work for that. I even went onto the Moda website to check out the fabrics that Anne had mentioned that they were using in the BOM. Now after looking at what she has chosen for the year-long project, I thought that maybe I would also need some lights and other mixables to add in . . . I remembered some fat quarters that I had purchased from Connecting Threads about a year ago and sure enough they all blend together! Still don't really have any browns for baskets, so maybe mine will be all flower baskets . . . who knows . . . we'll see what each month brings.

For now I'm just happy to have discovered my little stash (and newly established stash) will work just fine.

This photo is of our backyard and it is showing the MESS that the deer have been making. Remember the post from back in the Fall where I was swearing at all the acorns? Now I can swear at all the deer who are thinking that these make some pretty good munchies.
Every night, all night long, there are at least two deer out here digging and eating. I hope there's still grass there in the Spring after all their rootin' around . . . I know there's lots of fertilizer mixed in!
I ran out of time today to start on my second Bunny Hill block . . . the borders on my quilt took longer than expected (but they're done!) . . . so tomorrow is scheduled for another snowman/basket block. I'll post it when it's done . . .
Have a great Saturday night!
'til next time,
M.

No comments: