Wednesday 14 January 2009

More Applique!

Remember my blue HST blocks?

This is part of that quilt!

I love the color combination - that bit of red is just what the blue was needing.

So the shapes were all made on Sunday . . .

pinned down on Monday . . .

. . . sewn down on Tuesday . . .

and the embroidery floss colors were chosen this morning.
75% of the embroidery design has been developed and down on paper, but modifications to the scale and flow in certain areas are still needing to be finalized. I love this part - creating a design, choosing the colors and then eventually seeing it all come to life in beautiful colors.
I really hope to be able to start the stitching on this tonight if all goes well. Of course this will be another one of my long-term projects (I seem to have a few of those!), but this way I never get bored with any one project because I have so many on the go.
I did finish "THAT" quilt (Myra will remember!) on Saturday and I now need to decide if I'm machine quilting it myself or sending it out . . . all these decisions take time!
'til next time,
M.

2 comments:

Myra said...

LOL! I was just thinking of "THAT" quilt as I was into reading the first part of your post!!! LOL! And then I read your blurb to me!!! LOL!!! Too funny! I am sooooo looking forward to seeing "THAT" quilt! 8-)
What you've been creating these last few days looks darn interesting too! I will have to try my hand at creating something in the future... Too many UFOs, WIPs, and PHDs to get done first!!! 8-)
Happy stitchings!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful colours!
Jennifer