Wednesday 21 January 2009

Oh, What a Life!!!

The life of a feline . . . how sweet and adorable. Just looking at her makes me want to curl right up and snooze too.

That little gold paw has seen 17 winters, springs, summers and falls . . . just think of all the miles that little foot has on it - I'll give her a foot massage when she wakes up.

So while she dreams away I pull out some fabric and a magazine and do some more plotting. Of course this will all get put away until I finish some of the other projects on the go, but I just couldn't resist playing with those bright, springy colors . . . they are so cheerful!

So moving on to my ongoing project - I was able to get all the pieces ready and laid them out to get an idea of where things were all going to go. This is going to be a big block! Actually it is really four blocks all formed into one.

I did get the applique done on the one block . . . only three more to go. I'm liking it so far - just need to be careful with the points on the petals when doing the sewing, since they are not glued or pressed down they have a tendency to shift a bit, so I have to slow down a bit and adjust as I go. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things when the finished product looks like this.

I really like that pink and burgundy together . . . they look wonderful together. Will be working on the other three tonight and maybe some more embroidery on the other project also.

I came across a blog that I thought you might like to visit and I can't even remember how I stumbled upon it. But go check out the beautiful projects on this site: Don't Look Now. The colors are fabulous and the designs are so cheerful . . . I've got to start making brighter quilts! Usually I don't like the big, bright prints that are currently on the market right now, but seeing some of them used like this, just might make me reconsider. Have a look!

'til next time,

M.

2 comments:

Myra said...

Wow! You are keeping busy with your applique and stitchings... Good for you! It's all looking great! 8-)
Now, off to check out that blog you recommended...
Happy stitchings!

Fer said...

Bless those little gold paws! Wow, 17 and still going strong, my tortie is only 4 (I think!).

Your blocks are looking wonderful too. :o)