Sunday 4 January 2009

Showing Off My Backside!

. . . made you look, didn't I?

It's the backside of my snowman stitchery from last year. Every one's talking about finishing things and I thought I would start off with this one. I also thought that the "wrong" side really does have a somewhat messy story tell . . . but, let's face it, it could be worse!

This is a Crabapple Hill design that I thought was adorable. Of course, it has been done for quite some time and just laying there waiting for me to do something with it. I have now found a backing for it and have seamed all around the outside, except for 3 - 4", and will now proceed to stuff it into a nice plump pillow - tonight after work, I hope.

The good thing I'm finding about January is that all the storage units come on sale - retailers are trying to promote the organization lifestyle thingy. So, last week my dear husband extended the height on my cutting table and we pre-measured the storage unit size that we were needing. Low, and behold if they weren't on sale at Canadian Tire this past Saturday and Sunday! I bought two 5 bin units at 55% off and proceeded to tear one apart and add a bin to the bottom of the grey unit (in the middle) - (you can do that you know!). The other 5 bin unit is set apart from these ones and is holding everything from art supplies to more fabric.

And, while I was sorting out fabric and whatnot for the storage bins, I also starting reorganizing my bookshelves. Wow, does that ever feel good! You will notice that the diet books are still on the shelf . . . maybe I should consider taking those down soon and making use of them.

As promised, here is a photo of the finished/framed stitchery that I was working on last week.

This was a free design offered by Gail Pan Designs, and I think if you pop over to her blog, you should still be able to get a copy of your own and have it all ready for this coming December - it's never too early to get started!
'til next time,
M.

No comments: